Samadhi at Banyan Bay poster: Gerald Sheinfeld speaker: Gerald Sheinfeld length: 05:52 date added: October 15, 2017 language: English views: 122; views this month: 122; views this week: 122
Gerald Sheinfeld, describing an occasion of Darshan of Adi Da at Banyan Bay, on Naitauba, Fiji, in February, 2005: "Just by Adi Da's Free Presence all sense of separation fell away. The awareness was prior to the act of ego-'I'. The feeling had no separate self-sense to it, it was simply Reality. The Love-Bliss natural state of perfectly free Conscious Being."
A short video about how longtime devotee Gerald Sheinfeld organized many stories — from his diary over 40 years in Adi Da's Blessing Company — to create a new book, At the Feet of the Spiritual Master, and a CD with the same title.
After My Lifetime poster: Ariel Hartman length: 33:01 date added: October 8, 2017 event date: April 16, 1995 language: English views: 60; views this month: 60; views this week: 38
An excerpt from the two-CD set, After My Lifetime — a collection of Adi Da's talks (1974–2004) in which He considers the passing of His physical body, the significance of this Yogic Event, the ever-present Gift of the direct relationship to Him, and the never-ending Nature of His Work to Bless and Awaken all beings.
The audio excerpt is accompanied by photos from the occasion. This turns into a video clip of Adi Da speaking from 21:00 - 25:46, and then returns to photos of Adi Da speaking.
For more about this double CD, read the special article on the Adidam Revelation Magazine.
"I Am the Infinite One. And This Body was My Means, for a while, to make this plain to you — that is all. I Appear through every element in every plane, every domain within the cosmic domain. This is So. It is Eternally So. Always will be So, therefore. Always was So — but you did not notice Me directly. This is My first and consequential Incarnation to inform you about My Infinite and Eternal Nature and Work."
—His Divine Presence, Adi Da Samraj (July 11, 1995)
[Contains Polish subtitles. If you don't see them, press the Settings icon (the gear), select Subtitles, and then check Polish.]
1. Wieloletni uczeń Adi Da mówi o tym jak obecność Mistrza przejawia się po Jego odejściu. 2. We fragmencie rozmowy Adi Da zapewnia uczniów o Jego duchowej obecności po zakończeniu Jego fizycznego życia. 3. Wspomnienia ucznia o doświadczeniu bezpośredniej obecności Adi Da po Jego śmierci.
This video begins with longtime devotee, Anthony Costabile, describing how the relationship to Adi Da is manifesting after the end of Adi Da's human lifetime.
Then at 2:29, Adi Da also speaks on this subject. This is an excerpt from a talk He gave on April 16, 1995, "Love is How I Got To Here". You can read a transcript of much more of this talk here. The talk is also available as a CD here.
At 6:43, another longtime devotee, Dennis Coccaro, talks about the direct relationship to Adi Da after His lifetime.
[Contains Polish subtitles. If you don't see them, press the Settings icon (the gear), select Subtitles, and then check Polish.]
Adi Da mówi o tym, że kiedy człowiek zrozumiemie, że zwykłe życie jest niewolą i ograniczeniem, wtedy praktyka duchowa staje się możliwa.
In this seminal discourse (at The Mountain Of Attention), from the early years of His Teaching Work, Adi Da speaks about the inevitable process of self-revelation and self-understanding that prepares the being for true Spiritual life.
Audio excerpt from a Discourse given by Adi Da Samraj at Adi Da Samrajashram, on January 7, 1994, accompanied by a slideshow of more recent photographs of Adi Da.
Adi Da leads us to inspect all the unconscious presumptions that determine our sense of what is "real" - including the core presumption of being a separate "self". "Notice the chronic disposition of mistrust and fear that accompanies this core illusion", He says, "and allow your heart to trust What Is Real."
The Grace of Trust poster: DawnHorsePress length: 04:13 date added: August 27, 2017 event date: January 7, 1994 language: English listens: 241; listens this month: 74; listens this week: 21
Audio excerpt from a Discourse given by Adi Da Samraj at Adi Da Samrajashram, on January 7, 1994. Adi Da leads us to inspect all the unconscious presumptions that determine our sense of what is "real" - including the core presumption of being a separate "self". "Notice the chronic disposition of mistrust and fear that accompanies this core illusion", He says, "and allow your heart to trust What Is Real."
poster: AdiDaVideos length: 04:18 date added: June 14, 2017 language: English views: 645; views this month: 89; views this week: 44
An audio excerpt from Adi Da Samraj's early talk, "Renouncing the Search for the Edible Deity", accompanied by photos of Adi Da from a more recent Avataric Discourse.
We experience "independent" existence as a kind of madness, a seeming separation from food (both because of the cutting of the umbilical cord and as a feeling of separation from our ultimate source of sustenance, the Very Divine). We must instead be like the eating gorilla. . .
Adi Da: "The eating gorilla finds a cabbage in the jungle, sits down like a slob and munches away at the cabbage, and is completely benign, completely peaceful. . . . Therefore, the eating gorilla is the image of the true man, the true woman. He demonstrates the principle of true politics, of real human existence, in which we are always presently connected to the Food Source in Truth, and are always presuming connection, relationship, 'I love you.' "
[Contains German subtitles. If you don't see them, press the Settings icon (the gear), select Subtitles, and then check German.]
This is a video excerpt from Adi Da's classic talk, "The Bodily Location of Happiness" (German: "Der körperliche Sitz des Glücklichseins"), which He gave on November 28, 1981. This talk was originally published in the book, The Bodily Location Of Happiness. The full talk is available on CD.
The talk communicates several core insights:
1. Everybody is intuitively familiar with happiness. You don't have to be a devotee of Adi Da! This was part of the reason Adi Da chose "happiness" as the focus of this Teaching period: because the subject was so accessible. Everyone knows what it's like to be happy (at least a little). It's just that most people are not aware that Perfect, Eternal Happiness is possible and Realizable. (And it certainly isn't, through ordinary human means.) Adi Da: "All beings are always already Happy. You always know, at this very moment you know exactly, what it would be to look and feel and be and act completely Happy." The esoteric reason everyone is familiar with happiness is because everyone is always, already happy. And the esoteric reason everyone yearns for complete happiness is because complete happiness is realizable — and everyone's heart knows that.
2. Adi Da's "Lesson of Life":"You can't become happy; you can only be (already) happy." People are always seeking for happiness. The "pursuit of happiness" (not happiness itself!) is even enshrined as an "unalienable right" (alongside life and liberty) in the preamble of the United States Declaration of Independence. Its author, Thomas Jefferson, knew better than to think a government could guarantee happiness itself — hence only the guarantee of "the pursuit of happiness". Only a Divine Incarnation can guarantee Happiness Itself.
Adi Da reveals that happiness is the native state of beings. It is already the case. Every attempt to seek for it (mis-identifying the source of happiness as some object or other) in fact serves to dissociate one from it. Adi Da: "You think that you can seek Happiness and find it. Your search for Happiness is itself a confession of un-Happiness. You cannot realize Happiness by persisting in un-Happiness, persisting in the method of un-Happiness. All seeking is an expression of un-Happiness, all seeking is the method of un-Happiness, the practice of un-Happiness. This must be understood. It is not merely true — it must be understood."
Self-understanding allows one to get this point. Based on self-understanding, one can devote oneself to Happiness rather than to seeking for It and settling for the little bit of Infinite Happiness that "bleeds through" the clench of ego into conditions. This ultimately enables the Eternal Realization of Infinite, Perfect Happiness. Adi Da: "Understand your un-Happiness. Then you will be capable of locating Happiness, and, having located Happiness, you will be capable of practicing the Way of Adidam, which is nothing but the devotion of life to Happiness."
3. The Transmission of the Divine Guru is How One Locates Happiness. The subtitle of the book, The Bodily Location Of Happiness, is: "On the Incarnation of the Divine Person and the Transmission of Love-Bliss". In other words, you can't apply "The Lesson of Life" by somehow "locating" happiness directly, by yourself (or in yourself). Happiness is our native state, but that doesn't mean it can be located by an egoic, "do it yourself" process. We locate happiness directly as a Grace-given Gift, through devotion to the Transcendental Spiritual Transmission of Adi Da. Adi Da: "Happiness is presently the case. In this moment you are already Happy. Sitting with Me, locate this Happiness." We locate our "Native State" by recognizing and submitting to our "Native Person" — our Very Self appearing here in bodily (human) form.
4. It is a Process of Whole Bodily Location. "The bodily location of Happiness" is not primarily a reference to some place where Happiness resides in the body (although Adi Da teases His listeners with this idea: "Look for it in your toes, in your fingers, in your shirt, in your head"). It refers to a process ("the bodily location of Happiness" = "the locating of Happiness with the whole body-mind") that involves the surrender and transformation of every aspect of the body-mind, immersed in the Perfectly Happy State of the Divine Guru, through recognition of Him as the Divine in every moment. Then the secondary and supportive practices of the Way of Adidam become means for staying immersed in that Divine State in every moment: "Having located Happiness [having recognized Adi Da as the Divine], you will be capable of practicing the Way of Adidam, which is nothing but the devotion of life to Happiness [Adi Da, recognized as the Divine]. The practices of this Way are not methods for attaining Happiness, but they are the expressions of Happiness. The disciplines of money, food, and sex are not a way to become Happy. Discipline is difficult enough — why should we also burden it with the obligation to make us Happy!"
poster: CDBaby length: 09:43 date added: May 13, 2017 language: English views: 424; views this month: 56; views this week: 30
In this talk excerpt, Adi Da discusses how His devotees — practitioners of the Way of Adidam — go beyond the limits of both conventional religion and conventional science. He makes the point that both true religion and true science are associated with Realization. Realization is the focus of true religion. And Realization is the basis for true science.
This excerpt is track 7 of the CD, Science and the Myth of Materialism, a collection of talks from throughout the 30 years of Avatar Adi Da's formal Teaching-Work that brings together samples from His vast Divine Instruction relative to the psycho-physical nature of the world, the limits of scientific materialism, and the Inherent Unity of Existence.
poster: CDBaby length: 11:55 date added: April 30, 2017 language: English views: 504; views this month: 56; views this week: 23
In this talk excerpt, Adi Da discusses the Big Bang, and how scientists now believe that space itself originated with the Big Bang. He then considers the philosophical implications.
This excerpt is track 6 of the CD, Science and the Myth of Materialism, a collection of talks from throughout the 30 years of Avatar Adi Da's formal Teaching-Work that brings together samples from His vast Divine Instruction relative to the psycho-physical nature of the world, the limits of scientific materialism, and the Inherent Unity of Existence.
The Knowledge Of Light poster: mentalmelt length: 27:13 date added: April 16, 2017 event date: February 3, 1985 language: English views: 441; views this month: 58; views this week: 23
Excerpt from the talk, "The Knowledge Of Light", given by Adi Da on February 3, 1985. The talk begins with Adi Da quoting from The Dawn Horse Testament: "There Is Only Light. Light Is All There Is. All That Is Is Light." He then considers Einstein's description of reality as Light, the relationship between Light and Consciousness, and the implications of this understanding on real Spiritual life.
poster: Wisdom Tools for Humanity length: 02:47 date added: April 15, 2017 language: English views: 712; views this month: 101; views this week: 40
Adi Da recites "The Heart of Understanding", the Prologue to His autobiography, The Knee Of Listening. "The Heart of Understanding" also is the Prologue to His book, Easy Death.
The recitation is accompanied by photos of Adi Da.
"The Heart of Understanding" is extraordinarily good news: death itself can be transcended! The death of the body-mind is not a problem, and is utterly acceptable, if one realizes and stands as Consciousness Itself, in which all mortal forms and limited worlds are arising.
In the final words of "The Heart of Understanding", Adi Da reveals that He is That: Consciousness Itself. Because this is so, He transmits that Revelation to all beings, and provides (and is) the means whereby all of us finally can be free of mortality and the mortal vision.
This excerpt is track 1 of the CD, Death and the Purpose of Existence, a collection of talks and recitations that exemplify Avatar Adi Da’s essential Wisdom-Teaching on death and dying.
Our multimedia library currently contains 820
YouTube video clips and audio clips about (or related to) Adi Da and Adidam.
a video, and
an audio. Special categories of interest include:
Thanks to the many videographers who took the footage, to the many editors who
created these videos and audios, and to the 119
people and organizations who posted these videos and audios on YouTube and other places on the
Web. Special thanks to Lynne
Thompson, who did the bulk of the data entry for our audio/video database.